Based on the Rector’s Regulation of Universitas Brawijaya Number 31 of 2022 on the Organization and Work Procedure of the Faculty of Health Sciences, on February 22, 2022, Badan Penelitian dan Pengabdian Masyarakat (BPPM) was established at the Faculty of Health Sciences, Universitas Brawijaya. BPPM is tasked with coordinating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating research, community service, and collaboration activities within Faculty of Health Sciences, Universitas Brawijaya. BPPM has the following functions:
- Improving the quality and quantity of research, scientific work, community service, and national and international-scale collaboration.
- Formulating plans, programs, and budgets for BPPM.
- Carrying out scientific research, community service, and collaboration activities within Faculty of Health Sciences UB.
- Coordinating the implementation of research, community service, and collaboration activities.
- Publishing research, community service, and collaboration results.
- Collaborating in the field of research and community service with other domestic and international higher education institutions and institutions.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of research, community service, and Faculty of Health Sciences UB collaboration activities.
- Providing periodic reports to the Dean.
The current organization of BPPM in Faculty of Health Scineces UB (from 2022 to the present) consists of a Chairperson, a Secretary, and Administrative Staff.
Chairperson : Ns. Elvira Sari Dewi, S.Kep, M.Biomed
Secretary : Intan Yusuf Habibie, S.Gz, M.Sc
Administrative Staff : Imam Wahyu Indrawan, S.E
The Department of Nursing continues to experience an increase in the number of studies from year to year. In 2021, the number of studies reached its highest number of 21 studies. Meanwhile, the Department of Nutrition shows a fluctuating trend in the number of studies, with the highest peak occurring in 2019 with 15 studies. However, both of them remain committed to producing quality research for the advancement of the health sector.
The results of service from the Nursing Department over the last four years are as follows: 2018 and 2019 each produced 17 services, however there was a significant decrease in 2020 with only 3 services, and increased again in 2021 with 14 services. Meanwhile, the Nutrition Department produced 6 services in 2018, which then increased to 7 in 2019. However, there was a significant decrease in 2020 with only 1 service, and increased again in 2021 with 5 services.
Over the past four years, the Nursing Department has produced significant service results with a figure of 115 in 2018, 108 in 2019, increasing to 134 in 2020, and reaching its highest number in 2021 with 167 service results. Meanwhile, the Department of Nutrition also showed its contribution by producing 24 services in 2018, which then decreased slightly to 23 in 2019. There was a significant decrease in 2020 with only 9 services, but increased again in 2021 with 24 services.
Books, Copyrights and Patents
Over the last four years, the Department of Nursing has produced 6 books, 52 Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), and 1 patent. Meanwhile, the Department of Nutrition has produced 5 books, 10 IPRs and 3 patents in the same period. Both departments demonstrate significant contributions in producing scientific work and protecting their intellectual property rights through patents and IPR.
The following is a list of research and community service grant recipients per year at the Faculty of Health Sciences, Brawijaya University: